Updated: Feb 15
SCOPE OF WORK
The Consultant will provide a short-term service as Graphic Designer assisting the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer to lay out a report using a template and style guide provided by SEAOHUN. The services shall include:
1) Transfer of text from Word documents of 35 to 50 pages total into the layout;
2) The consultant shall read documents provided by SEAOHUN and design an icon representing “One Health in Southeast Asia”, infographic icons and Southeast Asian visual elements;
3) Updating of the Southeast Asia map to show the current universities in the eight country networks;
4) Identification of suitable illustrative photos from among those supplied by SEAOHUN based on relevance to subject, composition, technical quality of the image and other artistic considerations; when needed, identification of suitable illustrative photos from online commercial sources such as Shutterstock for review and possible purchase by SEAOHUN; and
5) Incorporation of edits to text.
The final output is a report section, 35 to 50 pages long, A3 spread or close to, with a section front and back cover, optimized for visual display, in PDF and Adobe InDesign formats.
EXPECTED OUTPUT AND TIMELINES
The consultant will provide the following deliverables during the contract period, based on discussions with the MEL Officer and inputs from the Senior Public Engagement Officer:
a) Draft layout with all text, photos, icons and other images in PDF format for review and editing by SEAOHUN by April 9, 2023
b) Proofreading-ready layout in Adobe InDesign format by April 15, 2023
c) Dummy layout with all graphical elements in InDesign format and section headers by April 20, 2023
d) All altered photos by April 20, 2023 in two digital formats: 1) high-resolution and optimized for printing; 2) middle-resolution and optimized for visual display
e) All designed icons and visual elements by April 25, 2023 in two digital vector formats: 1) high-resolution and optimized for printing; 2) middle-resolution and optimized for visual display.
f) The consultant may be asked to revise some text or elements during the period of April 15 to 28, 2023.
The consultant will report to the MEL Officer for this work.
TIMING AND PAYMENT
The work is expected to commence during 1 – 28 April 2023. The consultant is expected to deliver the final output no later than 28 April 2023.
The payment terms are 50% when submission of the Proofreading-ready layout (b), and the remaining 50% after delivering the final output to SEAOHUN.
Interested consultant must submit the cover letter, quotation for cover pages, lump sum for (1-35 pages) and extra cost per page for above 35 pages to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com. This will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
1) Academic Qualifications: Degree in fine arts, design, or related field.
2) Experience: At least 10 years’ experience in lay-out and design of publications for development organizations, including production of detailed technical graphs and figures, icons and infographics.
3) Familiar with USAID branding and guidelines is highly desirable.
4) Language: Good command of written and spoken English.
5) Work Ethic: Quick turnaround of outputs, close coordination with client during design phase.
All inquiries regarding the TOR should be directed to Wah WahLwin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our previous report for your references: https://www.seaohun.org/publications
SEAOHUN is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, language, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity. While we respect all applications, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.