In 2021 SEAOHUN Fellowship Program will focus on in-country placement opportunities due to the COVID-19 pandemic yet providing its recipients with opportunities to interact with international/national experts and broaden their perspectives in One Health.
SEAOHUN Fellowship Program aims:
• To provide young and mid-career professionals with practical, trans-disciplinary experience in One Health at leading institutions,
• To encourage fellows to integrate and apply One Health knowledge, skills, and experience gained during the fellowship into their professional practice after returning to their home country, and
• To develop and foster an active community of One Health professionals working collaboratively to address One Health issues.
SEAOHUN is pleased to announce the fellowship opportunity to one successful candidate to work at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) in Vietnam.
Download application here:
Submit Application here: https://www.seaohun.org/fellowship
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. More information can be found here: http://www.ilri.org
The successful candidate will contribute to the following projects:
• Investigation of interspecies transmission of viral diseases along the wildlife supply
chain (wildlife, pigs, and humans)
• Safe PORK, food safety interventions and risk communication (Human/vet science)
• Intersectoral study on pork borne parasites in ethnic minorities.