Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) Visiting Fellowships Program for Young Researchers
Deadline for submission: 10th January 2022
Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) - a visiting fellowship program that aims to welcome highly qualified students and young researchers wishing to carry out their research in France as part of a ‘One Health’. The program intends to promote an integrated and systematic approach to human, animal and ecosystem health, on local, national and global scales, in a wide range of fields including medicine, veterinary science, agronomy, ecology, sociology, geography, etc. 40 Fellowships will be awarded to young researchers over a 12-month period, starting in January 2022. In addition, a fellowship agreement will be drawn up between host institutions and laureates, specifying the means made available by the laboratory that will allow researchers to carry out their projects successfully
The MOPGA 5 visiting fellowship program will be supporting researchers working on topics related to:
· Earth system sciences,
· Climate change and sustainability sciences,
· Energy transition,
· Societal challenges of environmental issues,
· Human, animal and ecosystem health as part as a "One Health" approach.
12-month period from September 2022 to August 2023
WHO CAN APPLY?
Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree for less than 5 years can respond to this call for proposals. Applicants of all nationalities are welcome to apply, except French nationals.
WHAT TO APPLY FOR?
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
· Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros
· Moving allowance of 500 euros
· Support for social security coverage
· Support for health insurance
Remark: A visiting fellowship agreement with the French host institution will be established between the institutions and the laureates. It will specify the means and resources made available by the host laboratory in France so that the researcher can carry out the research project.
WHEN TO APPLY?
The deadline for submitting a full proposal for all domains is 10 January 2022.
· Have obtained their PhD less than five years prior to the application (i.e. they must have defended their PhD between December 2016 and December 2021),
· Not hold French citizenship,
· Not have resided in France after September 1st, 2021.
The start of the MOPGA 5 Visiting Fellowship for Young Researchers is due to take effect in September 2022.
· Application period opens: November 10th, 2021
· Deadline for Submitting a full proposal: January 10th, 2022
· Notification of results: End of June 2022
· Arrival of the laureates in the host French institution: September 2022: