The SEAOHUN Secretariat based in Chiang Mai, Thailand, is the coordinating body for all the country networks. The Secretariat manages subawards with the country networks, facilitates SEAOHUN Executive Board meetings and regional activities, strengthens One Health university networks in Southeast Asia through capacity building activities, and partners with national, international and non- governmental organizations to build the next generation of One Health leaders. The Secretariat represents interests of its country networks at regional meetings/conferences/forums of Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Detect 1 and Detect 5 packages, ASEAN+3 Field Epidemiology Training Network (FETN), the Tripartite (FAO/OIE/WHO), among the others. SEAOHUN has partnered with Pfizer Thailand to address the growing threat of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in Thailand, and with Chevron to strengthen One Health education in Southeast Asia. For more information, you may explore our website or visit our facebook page at http://facebook.com/seaohun
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Finance Analyst, the Finance Officer will support daily operations to process accounting records for the foundation to ensure the full compliance of funders’ rules and regulation and SEAOHUN policies.
• Record the financial transactions in QuickBooks with proper account/ project codes and perform at least weekly backup QuickBooks;
• Prepare monthly closing, year-end closing, and bank reconciliation for all SEAOHUN bank accounts on a monthly basis;
• Prepare the Secretariat office’s monthly expenditure reports of each funder to share with Finance Analyst and Executive Director for review;
• Serve as a finance’s focal point for regional activities under SEAOHUN’s projects, including join orientation session, reconcile expenses, and clear expenses, payments, etc.;
• Support Finance Analyst in preparing the average Exchange Rate for the secretariat office and summary of Indirect Cost (IDC) to notify the Senior Finance Officer for making payment on monthly basis;
• Ensure that the operations expenditures are in full compliance with SEAOHUN and donors’ policies and procedures on finance, accounting, administration and procurement, and keep these policies and procedures up-to-date;
• Act as petty cash custodian and prepare a monthly report and supporting documents;
• Assist Finance Analyst in procuring the external accounting firm and preparing annual financial statement audits, OHUN project specific audit, and related financial assessment if required; and
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field from a recognized college or university.
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required.
• Experience for using QuickBooks or similar software is required.
• Experience working with intergovernmental agencies, academic universities, or NGOs is preferred.
• Experience working with USAID requirements and rules and regulations is an asset.
• Experience working in Southeast Asian countries is preferred.
• Proven effective communication skills in English, both in written and orally.
• Proven ability to concurrently handle and prioritize multiple tasks for multiple projects.
• Self-starting, ability to take initiatives and work with minimal supervision are required.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team in a multicultural environment is necessary.
• Skills in Microsoft Office/Google and email applications and internet navigation are required.
• Advance knowledge of spreadsheet is a plus.
Download this Job Description:
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter, a resume or curriculum vitae in PDF format, and state a current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Apply for Finance Officer”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled with the first round of reviews on 22 August 2023. The candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. SEAOHUN may reserve to appoint a candidate at a higher level than the advertised level of the post. The salary for this offer will depend on qualifications and experience and in line with projects funds.
SEAOHUN is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, language, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity. SEAOHUN prohibits the use of forced labor and trafficking in persons, and does not charge any fees from applicants. While we respect all applications, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.