Updated: Oct 4
A key priority in SEAOHUN’s program under the Transition Award is manage regional knowledge for One Health curricula and create training content to address workforce gaps for in-service professionals. The four components are 1) the development of Southeast Asia One Health Workforce Academies (SEA-OHWA) platform to promote the development, delivery, and institutionalization of One Health education; 2) the catalog of One Health education resources invested by USAID and made them available on the SEA-OHWA; 3) the engagement of alumni of the USAID One Health Workforce and One Health Workforce – Next Generation projects to assess short and long-term impacts of the investment as well as to improve future programming; and 4) the development of training to address capacity gaps of in-service health professionals. SEAOHUN is seeking a Country Liaison for each SEAOHUN member country: Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. to support this effort. In addition, the Country Liaison will support SEAOHUN’s other programs and the One Health University Network (OHUN) programs. Under the Deputy Executive Director’s supervision, the responsibilities of the Country Liaison cover the following.
• Advocate and train faculty members in utilizing the SEA-OHWA platform and coordinate with a consultant to troubleshooting IT issues related to the platform.
• Collaborate with National Coordinating Office and in-country member universities to catalogue One Health education resources on the SEA-OHWA.
• Lead the in-country alumni engagement, including survey development and implementation, and analysis of responses to identify training needs of alumni.
• Coordinate with SEAOHUN partners to organize capacity building workshops to address competency gaps identified in the survey.
• Assist the SEAOHUN Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director in developing and strengthening partnerships with SEAOHUN program partners, local coordination bodies, NGOs, research institutes and other stakeholders.
• Support the SEAOHUN Secretariat programs team in developing, implementing and fostering its pre-service and in-service programs including liaising with students, faculty members and in-service professionals who are participating in the programs
• Ensure that program documentation is properly kept, organized, and stored in physical and electronic formats in accordance with the SEAOHUN and funders’ standards and procedures.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Deputy Executive Director and Executive Director for successful program implementation.
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter, a resume or curriculum vitae in PDF format, and state a current and expected salary to email@example.com using the subject line “Apply for [Name Country] Country Liaison”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled with the first round of reviews on 19 October 2022. The candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The salary for this position will depend on qualifications and experience and in line with projects funds.
To download each country Job Applications Click!
SEAOHUN is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, language, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity. SEAOHUN prohibits the use of forced labor and trafficking in persons, and does not charge any fees from applicants. While we respect all applications, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.