SEAOHUN, established in late 2011, is a leading regional network of universities collaborating to strengthen One Health workforce capacity and build the next generation of One Health professionals with the right skillset and mindset to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease threats. This includes equipping health professionals with critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and systems approach to problem solving that considers all aspects of the human-animal-ecosystem interface.
In 2022, SEAOHUN comprised 95 universities in 8 Southeast Asian countries – Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, and 6 universities in Taiwan as an associate member country.
SEAOHUN is a regional non-profit organization registered as a Foundation in Thailand. SEAOHUN is governed by its Executive Board comprising members from member countries and key partners. SEAOHUN Secretariat, based in Chiang Mai, Thailand, is a coordinating body of all the country university networks. The Secretariat manages subawards with the country networks, facilitates SEAOHUN Executive Board meetings and regional activities, strengthens One Health university networks in Southeast Asia through capacity building activities, and partners with national, international, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector to build the next generation of One Health leaders. In addition, the Secretariat represents interests of its country networks at regional and global meetings/conferences/forums.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer to join our dynamic team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer will be responsible for all aspects of monitoring and evaluation including gathering, analyzing, and reporting program results of SEAOHUN and all the country networks to funding agencies, SEAOHUN Executive Board and partners. S/he will undertake the following tasks:
• Manage and implement the One Health Workforce Next Generation project-specific MEL framework in liaison with the projects’ partners, including setting up the data flow system, coordinating data collection and reporting with the country networks, conducting data quality assurance, verifying supporting documents, consolidation of project indicators, drafting success stories and reporting.
• Facilitate knowledge management and sharing including building and sharing lessons learned, good practices, case studies, and alumni tracking. Contribute to the establishment of regional knowledge management system.
• Lead the M&E capacity building activities for relevant staff of SEAOHUN and country networks, including development, revision, and implementation of their MEL plans and MEL training sessions.
• Serve as a focal person coordinating with project partners for the programmatic reporting.
• Contribute to the establishment of systems, policies, and procedures to assess and track multisectoral One Health workforce, including the development and roll-out of regional alumni-tracking system.
• Collaborate with the Public Engagement Officer to promote program results of the regional and country networks through media channels using success stories, infographics, testimonials, etc.
• Assist Program Manager in preparation of work plan and budget related to M&E activities.
• Support the Executive Director and Program Manager in the development of the organizational monitoring, valuation, and learning plan, including development of gender-sensitive indicators and reporting templates.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with SEAOHUN program partners.
• Ensure that program results are properly kept, organized, and stored in physical and electronic formats in accordance with the SEAOHUN and funders’ standards and procedures.
• Perform other tasks as assigned and needed for successful program implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public health, public policy, international development, economics, or related field from a recognized college or university. Diploma or certification in MEL is an asset.
• At least three years’ work experience (Master’s) or five years’ work experience (Bachelor’s) in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, developing and refining data collection tools, reporting, planning and managing surveys, as well as developing and managing MEL plans.
• Experience working with government agencies, intergovernmental agencies, academic universities, or NGOs is required.
• Experiences of working in multi-country projects and of working in Southeast Asian countries are preferred.
• Experience with USAID-funded projects is highly desirable. Experience in One Health is an asset.
• Proven effective communication skills in English, both written and oral. This includes networking, negotiation, and diplomatic skills.
• Self-starting, ability to take initiative, and work with minimal supervision are required.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team in a multicultural environment is necessary.
• Skills in Microsoft Office/Google, email, data analysis, and Internet navigation are required.
• Experience working with databases or knowledge management platforms is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter, a resume or curriculum vitae in PDF format, and state a current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Apply for Senior MEL Officer”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled with the first round of reviews on 8 June 2022. The candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. SEAOHUN reserves its rights to offer a MEL Officer position to candidates with less experience. The salary for this position will depend on qualifications and experience and in line with projects funds.
It is highly advisable for interested candidates to gain an understanding of SEAOHUN’s visions and works so please feel free to explore our website or visiting facebook.com/seaohun