SEAOHUN, established in late 2011, is a leading regional network of universities collaborating to strengthen One Health workforce capacity and build the next generation of One Health professionals with the right skillset and mindset to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease threats. This includes equipping health professionals with critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and systems approach to problem solving that considers all aspects of the human-animal-ecosystem interface.
In 2022, SEAOHUN comprised 95 universities in 8 Southeast Asian countries – Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, and 6 universities in Taiwan as an associate member country.
SEAOHUN is a regional non-profit organization registered as a Foundation in Thailand. SEAOHUN is governed by its Executive Board comprising members from member countries and key partners. SEAOHUN Secretariat, based in Chiang Mai, Thailand, is a coordinating body of all the country university networks. The Secretariat manages subawards with the country networks, facilitates SEAOHUN Executive Board meetings and regional activities, strengthens One Health university networks in Southeast Asia through capacity building activities, and partners with national, international, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector to build the next generation of One Health leaders. In addition, the Secretariat represents interests of its country networks at regional and global meetings/conferences/forums.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the Senior Knowledge Management Officer to join our dynamic team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, the Senior Knowledge Management (KM) Officer will support knowledge management efforts of One Health training within Southeast Asia. This person will develop and manage an online platform similar to the One Health Workforce Academies https://onehealthworkforceacademies.org/), contextualizing and adapting it for the region with IT support. The Senior KM Officer will also support the national One Health University Networks (OHUNs) in expanding and consolidating OH knowledge management within their networks. The responsibilities of the Senior KM Officer cover the following.
• Steward the development of the One Health Workforce Academies online platform for Southeast Asia (OHWA-SEA), including structure and content design.
• Manage the OHWA-SEA platform. This will include updating knowledge products (such as training and educational content), supporting the translation of content into local languages, collaborating with an IT consultant to support the platform, and identifying and collating existing One Health educational resources.
• Organize and facilitate trainings for OHUN members to use the OHWA-SEA platform including storage, retrieval and dissemination of knowledge products within their networks.
• Collaborate with SEAOHUN Senior MEL Officer and SEAOHUN member countries (OHUNs) on surveying knowledge and skills among One Health alumni, in-service health professionals, and coordinating with subject matter experts in developing new training content based on survey results.
• Contribute to the design and maintenance of database systems including AirTable, and monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL) tables to enable creation and dissemination of knowledge products which are aligned with project MEL requirements.
• Support Senior MEL Officer on external reporting including updates on OHWA-SEA progress.
• Assist Program Manager in preparation of work plan and budget related to KM activities.
• Establish good working relationships with SEAOHUN program partners.
• Ensure that program results are properly kept, organized, and stored in physical and electronic formats in accordance with the SEAOHUN and funders’ standards and procedures.
• Perform other tasks as assigned and needed for successful program implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant discipline such as information technology, information systems, public health, or public policy with previous training in knowledge management preferred.
• At least three years’ work experience (Master’s) or five years’ work experience (Bachelor’s) in knowledge management or similar field, design and management of online content and database design and management.
• Experience developing knowledge products such as infographics, case studies, lessons learned, and FAQs.
• Experience working with government agencies, intergovernmental agencies, academic universities, or NGOs is required.
• Experiences of working in multi-country projects and of working in Southeast Asian countries are preferred.
• Experience with USAID-funded projects is highly desirable. Experience in One Health is an asset.
• Proven effective communication skills in English, both written and oral. This includes networking, negotiation, and diplomatic skills.
• Self-starting, ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision are required.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team in a multicultural environment is necessary.
• Skills in data analysis and data management is an asset.
• Skills in Google workspace, database design, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Sharepoint, or
website content management systems is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter, a resume or curriculum vitae in PDF format, and state a current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Apply for Senior KM Officer”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled with the first round of reviews on 22 August 2022. The candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. SEAOHUN reserves its rights to offer a KM Officer position to candidates with less experience. The salary for this position will depend on qualifications and experience and in line with projects funds.
SEAOHUN is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, language, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity. While we respect all applications, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.